We're very excited to announce that the latest update to SwitchThat One is now available!
The big new feature is a beta preview of our forthcoming Nest® support. The following Nest products can now be added to your One Hub:
- Nest Learning Thermostat™
- Nest Protect: Smoke + Carbon Monoxide™
You can control the temperature and heating/cooling mode of your Nest Thermostat and you can create Interactions that trigger when
- The home/away state of your Nest Thermostat changes
- Your heating system starts or stops heating (or cooling, if applicable)
- The ambient temperature of your home rises above or falls below some value
- Your Nest Protect detects smoke, carbon monoxide or if the battery needs replacing
For example, you could easily create an Interaction to automatically turn off your lights when your Nest Thermostat spots that you've left home, or to turn your lights on again when you return. Take a look at the user guide for full details!
We've also added a number of other tweaks & improvements to SwitchThat One:
- You can create an Interaction that automatically applies a lighting scene, e.g. at a certain time of day or when motion is detected
- We've added support for the Philips Hue Bridge 2.0
- Your Belkin WeMo Lights, Switches & Motion sensors can now be renamed
- Your shortcuts are now accessible from anywhere in the user interface
- You can change the background image to one of four options
Finally, this update also contains lots of behind-the-scenes improvements and stability updates. We've worked hard to make sure that Switch That One provides the most stable and secure Smart Home experience possible.
If you haven't already updated, you'll see a notification in the next day or so to let you know that your One Hub is ready to install the new update!